The President Has the Authority to Declare a National Emergency

The Rush Limbaugh Show | 1/8/2019 | George Prayias
Mkgirlz (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/APP-010819-Trump-White-House.jpg

RUSH: TheHill.com, there’s a poll: “Poll: Only Die-Hard Trump Fans Oppose Compromise On Border Wall Shutdown Dispute.” This reminds me, we gotta go back in the audio sound bites, need to go back and grab number 3 and number 4, I think. I think they may be applicable. Have ’em standing by. Aside from that, we will stick with number 10.

“President Trump has said that shutting down the federal government in support of his demand for a southern border wall is a ‘total winner’ for him politically, but according to a new poll, the only people who oppose compromise on the issue are his strongest backers.”

Okay - Compromise - Compromise - Washington - Exaggeration

Okay. Compromise. What has compromise always been in Washington? And I say this with no exaggeration, no hyperbole, just straight-up fact. Compromise has always been Republicans caving. Compromise has always been Republicans giving up, which can then be reported as such. Republicans have caved, realizing that they held a losing hand. Republicans have caved after pouncing originally, realizing that they were holding an untenable position, or some such BS way of reporting it.

The fact of the matter is, 93% of the American people think that open borders and illegal immigration is a serious problem. So now you go from that poll — this is a Hill-HarrisX poll. Seventy percent of registered voters, they say, “said they want Trump and Congress to reach some sort of compromise, compared to just 30 percent who say that sticking to principles is more important than ending the partial shutdown.”

Shutdown - Shutdown - Poll - People - Republicans

We get this at every shutdown! We get this whether there’s a shutdown or not! We always get a poll: the American people want Republicans and Democrats to work together, the American people want compromise, the American people want people reaching across the aisle and shaking hands and cooperating, blah, blah,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Rush Limbaugh Show
Wake Up To Breaking News!