Ocasio-Cortez Excuses Her Factual Errors: Critics Are More Concerned About Facts Than Being ‘Morally Right’

Washington Free Beacon | 1/7/2019 | David Rutz
jollyjetta (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Screen-Shot-2019-01-07-at-10.09.14-AM-e1546873777170.png

BY: David Rutz

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D., N.Y.) said on "60 Minutes" Sunday that the focus on her factual errors by political opponents was "missing the forest for the trees" and having her facts right wasn't as important as being "morally right."

Criticisms - Math - Interviewer - Anderson - Cooper

"One of the criticisms of you is that your math is fuzzy," interviewer Anderson Cooper said.

Cooper mentioned the Washington Post‘s Four-Pinocchio rating of Ocasio-Cortez's claim that $21 trillion in Pentagon "accounting errors" could fund two-thirds of progressives' desire for "Medicare for all."

Goodness - People - Figure - Word - Forest

"Oh my goodness," she said. "If people want to really blow up one figure here or one word there, I would argue that they're missing the forest for the trees. I think that there's a lot of people more concerned about being precisely, factually, and semantically correct, than about being morally right."

"But being factually correct is important," Cooper said.

Mistake - Point - Thing - President - Immigrants

"It's absolutely important," she said. "And, whenever I make a mistake, I say, ‘OK, this was clumsy,' and then I restate what my point was. But it's not the same thing as the president lying about immigrants. It's not the same thing at all."

In the case of the tweet...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Washington Free Beacon
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: