Margot Robbie and Saoirse Ronan reveal their on-screen rivalry in Mary, Queen of Scots

Mail Online | 6/26/2014 | Sean O\
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/01/06/16/8186782-0-image-a-10_1546793407095.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/10/04/8588630918808620761/1024x576_MP4_8588630918808620761.mp4

Margot Robbie and Saoirse Ronan opened up about the unique rivalry between their characters in Mary, Queen of Scots, where Saoirse plays the monarch of the same name and Margot stars as Queen Elizabeth I.

The Oscar nominated actresses appeared on BBC's The Andrew Marr Show with film director Josie Rourke on Sunday, where they discussed the flick - which also stars former Doctor Who actor David Tennant and Guy Pearce.

Saoirse - Film - Admiration - Rivalry

Saoirse, 24, said: 'In the film you see the admiration between the two of them. There's definitely a rivalry, professionally and politically speaking.

'They both admire the other one's power and sense of duty.'

Film - Conflict - Mary - Elizabeth - Kingdoms

The film portrays the far-off conflict between Mary and Elizabeth who were ruling in separate kingdoms.

The actresses have only one scene together in the film, and did not see each other at all during filming otherwise.

Josie - Metro - Couk - Pair - Scene

Josie told Metro.co.uk that the pair were 'kept apart' before their scene which served as the climax of the film.

Margot, 28, who underwent a dramatic transformation for her role as the English monarch, described getting into character for the role as 'fascinating'.

'It - Conflict - Elizabeth - Ruler - Way

She said: 'It was fascinating to explore the inner conflict between what Elizabeth thought she should do as a ruler and also admiring the way Mary was ruling in such a different way.

'I think it terrified her, what...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!