Video of Drake fondling 17-year-old on stage sparks questions about the relationship between male musicians and their young female fans

Business Insider | 1/5/2019 | Ellen Cranley, INSIDER
Emzah92 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://amp.businessinsider.com/images/5c311996bde70f6473350f34-2732-1366.jpg

Drake is at the center of controversy after an old video of the rapper surfaced where he kisses and fondles a 17-year-old fan onstage.

The video sparked backlash at the rapper, who is 32 years old, in the latest outpouring of concern over his encounter with a woman under 20.

Controversy - Video - Time - Resurgence - Discussion

The controversy over the video comes around the time of a resurgence in the discussion concerning musicians' relationships with much-younger women.

Drake is at the center of a resurged discussion about musicians and relationships with much-younger women after an old video of the rapper closely dancing with and kissing a 17-year-old surfaced on Twitter.

Video - Years - Rapper - Fan - Onstage

The video, which was taken at a concert two years ago, captures the rapper inviting a female fan onstage. After dancing with her, the rapper kisses her and touches her breasts in front of the cheering crowd.

He then asks how old she is, and reacts along with the laughing crowd when she answers 17.

Jail - Man - Drake - Cheers - Crowd

"I can't go to jail yet, man!" shouts Drake, to amused cheers from the crowd. "Why do you look like that?!"

"Well look, I had fun," he continues. "I don't know whether I should feel guilty or not, but I had fun. I like the way your breasts feel against my chest. I just want to thank you."

Face - Times - Rapper - Offstage

After kissing her face several more times, the rapper sends her offstage.

The encounter provoked a wave of comments on social media, many of which referenced "Surviving R. Kelly" a documentary series by Lifetime that portrays allegations against the singer as part of what accusers have called a "sex cult."

Series - Look - R - B - Singer

The series is the harshest look yet at the R&B singer who enjoyed massive success even after he wed now-deceased pop star Aaliyah when she was 15 and had a sex tape leaked...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Business Insider
Wake Up To Breaking News!