Harry Reid is Right: Trump is Not Immoral But is Amoral

Sparta Report | 1/3/2019 | Mark Rosneck
Pumpkinajn (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.spartareport.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/harry-reids-senate-filibuster-power-play-now-regretted-democrats.jpg

The New York Times Magazine had a really interesting interview with Harry Reid. I hadn’t realized that Reid is dying from pancreatic cancer.

One particular paragraph is getting a lot of attention. Let me quote it in its entirety.

Harry - Reid - Speaking - Trump - Person

(Harry Reid speaking) “Trump is an interesting person. He is not immoral but is amoral. Amoral is when you shoot someone in the head, it doesn’t make a difference. No conscience.” There was a hint of grudging respect in Reid’s tone, which he seemed to catch and correct. “I think he is without question the worst president we’ve ever had,” he said. “We’ve had some bad ones, and there’s not even a close second to him.” He added: “He’ll lie. He’ll cheat. You can’t reason with him.” Once more, a hint of wonder crept into his voice, as if he was describing a rogue beast on the loose in a jungle that Reid knows well.

I feel sad for Harry Reid because while he’s absolutely right, he still has no idea why he’s right.

Donald - Trump - Year - Gig - President

Donald Trump signed up for an eight year gig to be President of the United States with a specific and very well articulated agenda. This makes him very different from “good presidents” and virtually guarantees that anyone with a different agenda sees him as “the worst president” ever. This is at the heart of Trump Derangement Syndrome.

President Trump is also amoral — when it comes to business. In politics, being moral has to do with how you treat fellow politicians as well as “the political” system. There is no sense of morality from the standpoint of a higher purpose except that there is no higher purpose for a politician than gaining and wielding power.

President - Trump - Politicians - Obstacles - Principles

For President Trump, politicians are the obstacles to accomplishing moral principles such as ensuring the safety of our...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Sparta Report
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: