United Airlines brings back the stroopwafel after a swap to maple wafers sparked uproar

Mail Online | 1/3/2019 | Lauren Fruen For Dailymail.com
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/01/03/01/8071638-0-image-a-48_1546478809275.jpg

United Airlines has brought back the stroopwafel as an on board snack after a swap to maple wafers in June sparked customer uproar.

Travelers reacted with joy after the carrier announced the sweet treat would be making a comeback 'in the snack rotation starting in January'.

Response - Passenger

In response one passenger tweeted: 'Loved these, can't wait for them to be back.'

Another said they were their 'favorite reason for taking a morning flight' while one called them the 'best snack' ever served by the airline.

Woman - Wedding

One woman even said she served them at her wedding.

She tweeted: 'My now-husband had his first stroopwafel on our first trip together and he got so hooked, we served them at our wedding a couple years later. Thank you for bringing them back!'

June - Customers - Fury - News - United

In June customers reacted with fury to the news United would be cutting stroopwafels from its on-board food offering on certain flights.

One tweeted 'shame on you' at the carrier and another said 'you can lose my suitcases but don't take my stroopwafel'.

Treat - United - Flights - February

The Dutch treat was introduced on United flights in February 2016.

They are waffles made from two thin layers of baked dough with a caramel syrup filling...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!