Jerry Falwell Jr. Unveils the Anti-Christ

Mercy Not Sacrifice | 1/2/2019 | Staff
Kota79Kota79 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://wp-media.patheos.com/blogs/sites/447/2016/10/trump-falwell.jpg

No, I’m not going to say Donald Trump is the anti-Christ. Because I don’t believe that the Bible’s role when it speaks about an anti-Christ is to predict future events. But I think the term can still be useful. I would use it to signify the greatest adversary the church faces in a particular age. And I think the ideology Jerry Falwell Jr. laid out in a recent quote captures that adversary quite perfectly.

Why have Americans been able to do more to help people in need around the world than any other country in history? It’s because of free enterprise, freedom, ingenuity, entrepreneurism, and wealth. A poor person never gave anyone a job. A poor person never gave anybody charity, not of any real volume. It’s just common sense to me.

Salvation - Story - Enterprise - Savior - Humanity

This is the American salvation story. Free enterprise is the savior of humanity. Like every dangerous heresy, this one involves half-truths. If you’re measuring in dollars, I’m sure that you could argue statistically that Americans have helped more people in need than any other country in history. Of course what does that “help” look like? Is it the US government paying American agribusiness to provide “foreign aid” to a country that floods its market with free food and puts all the local farmers out of business? How much “help” is actually corporate welfare to companies that make profits off of cushy government contracts?

It’s also a half-truth that poor people don’t create jobs. They don’t usually have enough liquid currency to pay other people to work for them. But poor people create jobs all the time. I was just at a New Year’s party with some former members of my youth group from ten years ago. And one of my favorite former youth has a new job as a community organizer...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mercy Not Sacrifice
Wake Up To Breaking News!
The truth fairly and honestly presented, will be spun as a lie by a politician.
Tagged: