Flyers F Lehtera Charged With Buying Drugs In Finland

www.oann.com | 1/1/2019 | Staff
jster97 (Posted by) Level 3
Philadelphia Flyers forward Jori Lehtera was charged Monday with buying drugs in his native country of Finland. Specifically, the charges allege that the 31-year-old bought eight grams of cocaine at nightclubs in Tampere, Finland, between June and July of 2018, and also that he attempted to buy another gram in May 2018.

Prosecutors are seeking a five-month suspended sentence for Lehtera, according to the Finnish newspaper Aamulehti. He was not required to be in court Monday in Tampere, Finland.

Outset - Charges - Name - Lehtera - Statement

“As I have maintained from the outset, these charges against me are false and I will clear my name,” said Lehtera in a statement issued by the Flyers. “I will have no further comment on the matter until that time.”

The NHL announced in September it was investigating Lehtera after a Finnish news outlet reported he was questioned by police about his involvement in a cocaine ring. An online translation of the report said Lehtera was among 23 suspects from a group accused of distributing two kilos of cocaine since January of 2017, and that a house Lehtera owns was raided. The report added that seven people had been jailed relating to the case.

Philly - Com - Lehtera - Police - Men

According to Philly.com, Lehtera told police that he knows two of the men who also...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.oann.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!