On the Eighth Day of Christmas, CAPC Gave to Me: Eight Worlds of Wonder

Christ and Pop Culture | 1/1/2019 | Elizabeth Garn
gbabii05 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://christandpopculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/day-8.png

For each day of Twelvetide, Christ and Pop Culture writers will point to some of the cultural goodness that gives hope in the midst of life’s messyness. It’s our version of the “Twelve Days of Christmas” song, filled with things our writers have found to be life-giving. Some entries are 2018 artifacts, some are from years past. All of them point us to hope.

Twenty-eighteen was a year filled with both beauty and brokenness. I look back and see moments of quiet, ordinary, joy; the kind that comes when you’re not looking and drapes itself over you like a blanket on a cold October morning. But I also see the sting of heartache and sorrow and days where anxiety raged. It’s not surprising then, that 2018 was also a year filled with wonder as I’ve walked through far away worlds that are not my own. Worlds where good and evil vie for dominance. Worlds filled with adventure, truth, justice, and love.

Fantasy - Worlds - Way - Hope - Peace

Fantasy worlds have a way of offering hope and peace and time to think and process. They are fun but more importantly, they open my eyes to hope when I need it most. So, in no particular order, here are my top eight worlds to visit when my heart longs for wonder.

What fantasy worlds list would be complete without Middle Earth? It’s a land of Hobbits, Elves, Orks, and Humans. A place of ethereal beauty and stunning landscapes. But more than that, it’s a place filled with unlikely heroes and soul-stirring bravery. The juxtaposition between places of peace and places of war, between those who are ruled by self and those ruled by virtue, is so tangible in Middle Earth. For that reason and many more, it will forever be a place I wander when I need to see how powerful...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Christ and Pop Culture
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Been there, done that, twice...