What Being Pro-Life Really Means

The Aquila Report | 12/27/2018 | Staff
blockstyle (Posted by) Level 3
The term “pro-life” brings to mind two things for most folks today: Abortion and politics. But being pro-life goes far beyond mobile sonogram clinics and Capitol Hill. It’s about being pro-life like God is pro-life.

I first saw the movie The Fugitive in 1993. It’s a story about Dr. Richard Kimball (Harrison Ford), who is framed and wrongly sentenced to die for the murder of his wife.

Quest - Man - Murder - US - Marshall

He escapes and embarks on a quest for the one-armed man he knows actually committed the murder. All along, the U.S. Marshall (Tommy Lee Jones) is trying to hunt him down and bring him to justice.

When we are so pro-life that we are willing to die to preserve life, it changes the coldest, most cynical hearts.As a 15-year-old, I appreciated the movie for its action and mystery. But a few weeks ago, I watched it again—this time, through the eyes of a 38-year-old husband, father and pastor.

Subtle - Message - Film

That’s when I noticed something—a subtle but beautiful pro-life message that permeates the film: You aren’t really pro-life until you’re willing to die to preserve it.

The term “pro-life” brings to mind two things for most folks today: Abortion and politics. But being pro-life goes far beyond mobile sonogram clinics and Capitol Hill. It’s about being pro-life like God is pro-life.

God - Humans - Garden - Gen - 7-15

God put humans in a garden (Gen. 1:26-31; 2:7-15) to flourish and cultivate life around them. He gave his people the commandment, “You shall not murder” (Exod. 3:16) and made provision to protect life, even for those who unintentionally took the life of another (Deut. 19:2-6).

Then Jesus, when he reinforced the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Aquila Report
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: