Celebrity Big Brother tops 2018's Most Complained About Programme List according to Ofcom 

Mail Online | 12/27/2018 | Kerri-ann Roper, Press Association
moni (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/12/27/14/7869850-0-image-a-186_1545922021117.jpg

Celebrity Big Brother was the most-complained about TV programme of 2018, Ofcom has said.

The media watchdog received 27,602 complaints from viewers about the Channel 5 reality TV series, which came to an end on the channel this year.

Ofcom - Majority - Complaints - Celebrity - Big

Ofcom said the majority of complaints around Celebrity Big Brother related to the allegations made by Roxanne Pallett against Ryan Thomas.

Former Emmerdale star Pallett accused Thomas, who went on to win the show, of 'punching' her but she later apologised, saying she had got the situation 'massively wrong'.

Roxanne - Backlash - Viewers - Letter - Apology

Roxanne received a huge backlash from viewers and later sent a letter of apology to fellow soap star Ryan.

In the wake of the scandal, he has credited Channel 5 for their support and revealed to The Mirror that the network had offered him 'therapy' if he wanted to take it.

Show - Option - Sense - Publication - Level

'The show gives you that option and they look after you in that sense,' he told the publication, before adding: 'I’m quite level headed and I’ve got a good family around me, and network of friends that look after me. I didn’t feel that was necessary.

Ryan insisted: 'My family are] my safe place. Being in an enclosed environment for three weeks, and then being reunited with your daughter, your brothers, your mum and dad, that was the highlight for me.'

ITV - Loose - Women - Ofcom - List

Meanwhile, ITV’s Loose Women is second on Ofcom’s annual list of complained about television, with 8,002 complaints.

According to Ofcom, the majority of those were related to an interview conducted with Kim Woodburn as a guest on the talk show panel.

Appearance - Loose - Women - Woodburn - War

During her appearance on Loose Women, Woodburn became embroiled in a war...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!