Theme Park Bits: Harry Potter Has a New Store, Margaritaville is Finally Real, and More!

/Film | 12/25/2018 | Josh Spiegel
Click For Photo: https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/Screen-Shot-2018-12-13-at-8.26.15-AM-1200x763.png

Theme Park Bits: Harry Potter Has a New Store, Margaritaville is Finally Real, and More!

In this edition of Theme Park Bits:

Wizarding - World - Harry - Potter - Store

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter has a stylish new store.

Disneyland’s new restaurant may offer clues to the park’s future.

Margaritaville - Song - Restaurant - Year

Margaritaville is more than just a song and a restaurant, starting early next year.

Watch an aerial view of the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge area at Disneyland.

And more!

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter remains the best part of either of the continental Universal Studios theme parks, and the Orlando version has just gotten a little more interesting. They’ve opened up a brand-new store called Globus Mundi, which may or may not translate to “Overpriced souvenirs”. (I kid, I kid.) Globus Mundi, unlike the always swamped Ollivander’s, doesn’t seem to sport a lot of wands for sale, but the design of the new store looks intriguing and full of complexities you might not expect to see in what amounts to a gift shop. By focusing on travel gear, it allows Globus Mundi to have a slightly different identity from the rest of the park, which sounds like a smart idea to me.

Disneyland - Restaurant - Tropical - Hideaway - Opening

Disneyland’s newest restaurant, the Tropical Hideaway, just had its soft opening. And as Disney theme-park buff Matthew Gottula noted on Twitter, it’s possible that if you explore some of the details of this new locale, you’ll find clues to upcoming attractions at the Disneyland Resort. You see, the oars on display at the Tropical Hideaway mostly pay homage to Disney’s past, but if you dig enough, you might find a hint or two to the company’s future. Far be it from me to stop you from investigating, but I do sometimes wonder if Imagineers get a little too caught up in crafting stories and details for non-attractions for their own good. But...
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!