New Blu-ray Releases: ‘Venom’, ‘2001’, ‘The Predator’, ‘Starman’, ‘True Stories’

/Film | 12/25/2018 | Chris Evangelista
kims (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/pjimage-34-1.jpg

Welcome to the last Blu-ray review round-up of 2018. We did it, everyone! Congratulations! As we close out this ****-year, some new Blu-ray releases await you – some good, some not so good, but all worth checking out in some capacity. This is an usually sci-fi heavy Blu-ray round-up – all but one film here fits into the science fiction genre. I didn’t plan it this way, folks. That’s just how it worked out. Below, you’ll find Venom, The Predator, and more. So take a gander, enjoy, and I’ll see you in 2019.

Here are the new Blu-ray releases and their special features you should check out this week.

Venom - Idea - Spin-off - Spider-Man - How

Venom seemed like a terrible idea. A Spider-Man spin-off without Spider-Man? How could that work? And yet, the film cleaned up at the box office. Audiences flocked to see Tom Hardy bring Eddie Brock and his symbiote alter ego to life, even though critics trashed it. So is Venom a hidden gem? A good movie critics just didn’t understand? Absolutely not! Venom is a mess. The direction from Ruben Fleischer is rather pedestrian – I dare you to name one memorable or impressive shot from this film – and the script, by Scott Rosenberg, Jeff Pinkner, and Kelly Marcel, is downright laughable. And yet…Venom is worth watching. I don’t mean in the “so bad it’s good” sense, either. No, Venom is worth seeing simply to behold whatever the **** it is Tom Hardy is doing here. Hardy plays pushy journalist Eddie Brock, who goes from the top of the world to the bottom of the garbage heap when asks serious questions of genius inventor/Elon Musk stand-in Carlton Drake (Riz Ahmed). Eddie’s probing costs him his job, and his fiance, played by Michelle Williams, who is here strictly to cash a paycheck. Eddie becomes...
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!