Schoolgirl's shock after eating 'weird-tasting' catnip advent calendar

Mail Online | 12/21/2018 | Henry Martin For Mailonline
malik778 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/12/21/19/7715080-0-image-a-5_1545421710301.jpg

A schoolgirl was left horrified after eating through a 'weird-tasting' advent calendar - only to discover the chocolates were in fact catnip.

Alissa Evans, nine, had complained that her £1.99 Garfield calendar chocolates looked and tasted funny, but full-time mother Jess Evans assumed she was just 'being picky'.

Days - Treats - Alissa - Ms - Evans

After enduring four days of the green-tinged treats, disgusted Alissa told 26-year-old Ms Evans she didn't like them and refused to eat any more.

The mother-of-three was horrified when she turned the Christmas countdown over only to discover the 'apple flavoured chocolates' were in fact yoghurt and catnip delicacies - for cats.

Ms - Evans - Oswestry - Shropshire - 'I

Ms Evans, from Oswestry, Shropshire, said: 'I was in shock and felt like the worst mother ever when I realised I'd bought her a calendar for cats.

'Alissa had said they looked a bit green but I thought they were probably just apple-flavoured ones and didn't think anything of it.

'She - Bit

'She said they tasted a bit strange, but hadn't said they were horrible, so I just forgot about it.

'Alissa hadn't been eating them for a few days and when I asked why she brought the box over to me.

Shade - Chocolatey - Smell

'I remember thinking they did look a funny shade of green and didn't have a chocolatey smell.

'When I turned the calendar over and read that it was yoghurt and catnip flavour I couldn't believe it - and that it had taken 11 days for us to notice.'

Ms - Evans - Advent - Calendar - Alissa

Ms Evans had picked the advent calendar up while out shopping with Alissa and her younger sisters Alexis Davies-Evans, three, and 11-month-old...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!