How Academia’s Unhealthy Obsession With Diversity Creates Social Unrest

The Federalist | 12/21/2018 | Sumantra Maitra
Pumpkinajn (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://thefederalist.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/diversity-delusion.jpg

I remember reading a real-life story, an article written by who I forget, to my utter shame, wherein an author was sitting in a chatty, grimy morning café for a breakfast when suddenly, for some reason, perhaps due to a hurried mistake, the café owner changed the radio to a channel playing Franz Schubert’s “Arpeggione.” Suddenly, everyone stopped talking mesmerized, almost as if due to a magical spell.

The people sitting in the café were not used to listening to classical music during their hurried morning coffee to their way to work. Instead, they liked to talk business, check toxic news and politics on Twitter, and gossip about personal lives as something cheap and hideous droned on in the distance.

Amount - Time - Eternity - Someone - Power

After a certain amount of time, which felt like an eternity, someone managed to summon the power to change it back to the cheap and hideous. Life returned to normal and everyone looked relieved and started talking again. The spell was gone. Humanity’s desire for the abhorrent and the profane is too natural and strong without authoritative intervention.

On a more current note, an undergraduate black student at Columbia who decided to study music recently rebelled against Mozart. “Why did I have to listen in music humanities to this Mozart?” she raged against Euro-Western civilizational giants, “My problem with the core is that it upholds the premises of white supremacy and racism. It’s a racist core. Who is this Mozart, this Haydn, these superior white men? There are no women, no people of color.”

Incidents - Book - Heather - Mac - Donald

That, and several other such incidents are charted in the new book by Heather Mac Donald, The Diversity Delusion: How Race and Gender Pandering Corrupt the University and Undermine Our Culture, which attempts to understand the roots of our current cultural crisis, and traces it back to the universities, the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Federalist
Wake Up To Breaking News!