George H.W. Bush Secretly Sponsored a Filipino Child for 10 Years

Rare | 12/19/2018 | Lyndsay Burginger
jenny124124 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://coxrare.files.wordpress.com/2018/12/ap18294060839960.jpg?w=1200&h=627&crop=1

The 41st President is still surprising us with his good deeds after his death. It was revealed early this week by CNN that Former President George H.W Bush secretly sponsored a Filipino Child for 10 years and corresponded as pen-pals. Get the tissues, this story is simply heartwarming.

In 2001, while attending a Christmas concert in Washington D.C., Former President George H.W Bush raised his hand when the band started handing out pamphlets sharing the mission of Compassion International, a Christian child sponsorship organization. The program supports children in 26 countries with sponsorship programs for as little as $38 dollars a month. This money goes towards education, healthcare, food, and recreational activities.

Wess - Stafford - President - Compassion - International

Wess Stafford, the former president of Compassion International, told CNN that Bush’s security team wasn’t surprised that the president raised his hand to find out more information. “His top security called me and said ‘this doesn’t surprise me coming from him, but if he’s going to sponsor this kid, we need to make sure the boy doesn’t know who his sponsor is.’ So, he signed all his letters to Timothy as ‘George Walker,'” Stafford said.

Shortly after selecting a child from the Philippines, President Bush sent his first letter.

Pal

I want to be your new pen pal.

I am an old man, 77 years...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Rare
Wake Up To Breaking News!