West Virginia assistant principal 'told transgender male student, 15, he freaks him out'

Mail Online | 12/18/2018 | Associated Press;Dailymail.com Reporter
trainman (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/12/18/22/7589964-0-image-a-89_1545170580164.jpg

A West Virginia assistant principal has been accused of telling a transgender student he 'freaks him out' in a row over the teen using the boys' bathroom.

Michael Critchfield, 15, said teacher Lee Livengood repeatedly yelled: 'Why are you in here? You shouldn't be in here', and even challenged him to use the urinals to 'prove' he was a boy.

Transgender - Boy - Incident - Liberty - High

The transgender boy said the alleged incident at Liberty High School in Clarksburg, where Livengood is still working, left him traumatized.

According to Critchfield, the teacher came into the boys' bathroom and asked if any students were in the stall.

Stall - Livengood - Bathroom - Doorway

He confirmed he was, but said that when he left the stall, Livengood was standing in the bathroom doorway blocking him from leaving.

The sophomore student claims Livengood 'barricaded' him in and demanded to know why he was using the boy's bathroom.

Right - Critchfield - Livengood - Pronouns - Boy

When he replied it was his legal right, Critchfield alleges Livengood used improper pronouns and challenged him to use a urinal to prove that he was a boy.

He said: 'I felt really degraded and discriminated against.'

Students - Bathroom - Chaperone - Critchfield - Livengood

Other students are said to have heard screaming coming from the bathroom and told a chaperone, who saw both Critchfield and Livengood walk out.

According to Critchfield, Livengood then said: 'Not going to lie. You freak me out.'

Critchfield - School - Place

Critchfield said school 'should feel like a safe place'.

He added: 'Kids like me should never have to go through anything like this. At the end of the day all I wanted was to feel welcome.'

Critchfield - Charleston - Gazette-Mail

Critchfield told The Charleston Gazette-Mail:...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Why do democrats never have to face the reality of what's on the ground, like 2000 years of marriage.