Black customer accuses bank tellers of racism refuse to cash check & called 911 him in handcuffs 

Mail Online | 12/18/2018 | Jessica Finn For Dailymail.com
shardonay (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/12/18/22/7590710-0-image-a-37_1545170838063.jpg

A Cleveland man says he was the victim of racial profiling when he went to cash his first check from a new job at a bank, but instead was turned away only to be arrested outside.

Paul McCowns spoke to Cleveland 19 and explained he had been working for an electrical company for about three weeks when he went into a Brooklyn branch of Huntington Bank to cash his first check which was for about $1,000.

Job - Weeks - Forms - Identification

'I had got a new job. I worked there for about three weeks,' he said adding that when he walked in he was asked for two forms of identification which he provided.

He was also asked to provide a fingerprint, something that non-Huntington customers who wish to cash checks need to provide per the bank's policy.

Teller - Employer - Employment

The teller next tried to call his employer to confirm his employment.

'They tried to call my employer numerous times. He never picked up the phone,' he said.

McCowns - Calls - Employer - Bank - Employees

McCowns says during the fruitless calls to his employer the bank employees started looking at the computer screen and questioning the transaction.

They told him they were unable to cash his check, so McCowans left the bank.

Get - Truck - Squad - Car - Pull

'I get in my truck and the squad car pull in front of me and he says get out the car,' McCowns said.

Unbeknownst to him, one of the bank's employees had called 911 and reported him to police.

Transcript - Call - Cleveland - Bank - Employee

According to a transcript of the 911 call obtained by Cleveland 19, the bank employee tells the dispatcher, 'He's trying to cash a check and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!