‘Free Solo,’ ‘RBG’ & ‘Won’t You Be My Neighbor?’ Top The Oscar Documentary Feature Shortlist

The Playlist | 12/17/2018 | The Playlist Staff
Click For Photo: https://theplaylist.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/free-solo-documentary.jpg

The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences announced the shortlist for the 2019 Documentary Feature Oscar and other related categories, and fans in the documentary branches should be relatively pleased. 15 films made it to the shortlist round including most of the favored and critically-acclaimed movies: Focus Features‘ Mr.Rogers film, “Won’t You Be My Neighbor?,” the highest-grossing docu of 2018 so far, National Geographic‘s “Free Solo,” Magnolia‘s Ruth Bader Ginsberg portrait “RBG,” “Minding the Gap,” “Hale County This Morning, This Evening,” “Three Identical Strangers” and more.

The biggest snub, as it were, was for Michael Moore‘s “Fahrenheit 11/9,” the second-highest grossing doc of the year, but not the director’s most favored film by some stretch. Other films left in the cold were Morgan Nevile‘s Orson Welles documentary for Netflix, “They’ll Love Me When I’m Dead,” Netflix’s doc “Quincy,” the critically acclaimed “Bisbee ’17” by director Robert Greene, and “Divide and Conquer: The Story...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Playlist
Wake Up To Breaking News!