The Big Power of Multiple Littles

HeadHeartHand Blog | 12/17/2018 | Staff
loranseen (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://ws-na.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/q?_encoding=UTF8&ASIN=B07D23CFGR&Format=_SL250_&ID=AsinImage&MarketPlace=US&ServiceVersion=20070822&WS=1&tag=headhearthand-20&language=en_US&imgtype=.jpg

Click For Photo: http://headhearthand.org/uploads/2014/05/hhh_fb-share.png

James Clear, a promising High School baseball player, suffered a fractured skull and brain damage in a baseball bat accident while at High School. In his bestselling book, Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones, he explains how he reconstructed his life while at college through building good habits in every area of his life. This started in small ways by tidying his room, but eventually spread into his studies, resulting in straight A’s in his first year.

He eventually achieved remarkable sporting and academic honors in his final year. Although he never fulfilled his dream of playing professional baseball, he says that in these college years, “I accomplished something just as rare: I fulfilled my potential” (6). His book is based on the belief that good habits can help us fulfill our potential as well.

Habit - Routine - Behavior - Regularly—and - Cases

Clear defines a habit as “a routine or behavior that is performed regularly—and, in many cases, automatically” (6). These changes, he says, “that seem small and unimportant at first will compound into remarkable results if you’re willing to stick with them for years” (7). His basic thesis is, start small, make small steps of progress, and big challenges can be met and big obstacles overcome.

This might seem like a really obvious point, but in a day when so many are trying to achieve overnight success, or take shortcuts to achievement, it’s a healthy dose of realism. It’s also encouraging to those of us who are plodders, because it says, “Take multiple small steps, and over time you will eventually cover big distances.”

Book - Student - Book - Life - View

I was enticed into reading the book by a seminary student who told me how much the book had changed his life. I ordered it with a view to reading it through a biblical lens. My primary...
(Excerpt) Read more at: HeadHeartHand Blog
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: