Phil Robertson Rises Above Criticism of New Book: ‘Will Not Be Ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ’

Conservative Tribune | 9/25/2017 | Kara Pendleton
bungienet (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.westernjournal.com/ct/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Phil-Robertson.jpg

God's truth is always right. Criticize me for preaching it? Bring it on.

Posted by Phil Robertson "The Duck Commander" on Thursday, December 13, 2018

The Duck Commander and Robertson family patriarch, Phil Robertson, is no stranger to controversy or criticism. The latest dose of both is over his upcoming book, titled “The Theft of America’s Soul: Blowing the Lid Off the Lies That Are Destroying Our Country.”

Robertson’s book is scheduled for release on February 5, 2019. However, one early book review, in particular, has taken direct aim at Robertson’s message and style.

Review - Publisher - Weekly - Robertson - Life

The review was posted on Publisher’s Weekly. It begins by describing Robertson’s less-than-flattering early life and moves on to hitting his writing style: “Most of the book is prescriptive, and reading it feels like being upbraided by a passionate preacher. The exhortations get tiresome, with Robertson’s excessive use of religious rhetoric coming off as stale.”

“His arguments also suffer from a simplistic dismissal of those who disagree with him as ‘left-wingers.’ This lack of nuance will turn off many readers, but Robertson’s tone will undoubtedly appeal to those fans eager for his thoughts on the current state of America.”

Robertson - Criticism - Fact - Facebook

Robertson was not the least bit put-off by the criticism. In fact, on Facebook, he publicly welcomed it.

According to CBN News, Robertson has strong words for anyone who has a problem with his message. He’s not changing it for anyone.

Press - Release - Robertson - Criticism - Book

In a press release, Robertson countered criticism of his book by stating, “The Publishers Weekly review is exactly what I hoped for. I decided from the very beginning that I would tell it like it is because I have not — and will not — be ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.”

“God’s truth is always right, and I’m very proud that this notable publication has accused me of preaching it. And preach I will — more...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Conservative Tribune
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Freedom is Never Free!