Ant's VERY sobering wake-up call: Not his car crash, but the fear Holly's made him dispensable

Mail Online | 12/15/2018 | Alison Boshoff for the Daily Mail
Matty123 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/12/14/22/7445696-0-image-a-48_1544828233545.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/11/05/5013544694988557998/1024x576_MP4_5013544694988557998.mp4

Flying home this week from an I’m A Celebrity series that broke all ratings records, Declan Donnelly and Holly Willoughby looked triumphant: glowing with sunshine and success.

In South London, meanwhile, Ant McPartlin was steeling himself to attempt re-entry into the gilded stratosphere that once belonged to him.

Dog - Hurley - Shares - Wife - Lisa

Spotted walking the dog, Hurley, he shares with estranged wife Lisa, he looked better than of late; that hollow-eyed, haunted demeanour lifted.

And come mid-January he will be back filming Britain’s Got Talent, once again attempting the cheeky chappie TV persona which has helped him earn a £63 million fortune. But whether the public is ready to forgive and forget his travails remains to be seen.

Declaration - Drug - Addiction - Rehab - June

For while his initial declaration of drug addiction, followed by rehab in June last year, didn’t stop him presenting the 2017 I’m A Celebrity, his drink-driving offence in March — when he crashed his Mini into two other cars, including one carrying a young child — stopped his career in its tracks.

To return to the spotlight a second time is quite a different matter.

Record - £86 - Driving - Ban - Ant

Fined a record £86,000 and given a 20-month driving ban, Ant said: ‘I let myself down, I let a lot of people down. For that I’m truly sorry.’ He added that he was ‘ashamed and mortified’.

So what has Ant, 43, done to regain his sobriety? What impact has his divorce and new love affair had on his state of mind? And, perhaps most crucially, what are we to make of rumours that Dec — now a father and growing in confidence as a solo performer — is happy to continue without Ant?

Weeks - Ant - Comeback - Sources - Syco

Just five weeks ago, Ant’s comeback looked unlikely. Sources at Syco, Simon Cowell’s entertainment company that produces BGT, said Ant had not been in touch about returning to the show even though that target had been...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!