NYT Editor Defends Kevin Hart: ‘We Are Setting Standards Nobody Can Meet’

Breitbart | 12/11/2018 | Staff
ziggy1023 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2018/12/Kevinhartnyt1.jpg

New York Times editor Susan Fowler wrote in an opinion-editorial that the ousting of comedian Kevin Hart as host of the Oscars over the resurfacing of his previous gay jokes sets unattainable standards of uprightness and called for the A-lister to be forgiven, citing his heartfelt apology.

“In holding people accountable for their old views — even ones they realized were wrong and apologized for — we are setting standards that nobody can meet,” Fowler wrote of the controversy in a piece published on Friday. “If I do something wrong, I want to have the chance to realize what I’ve done, change my view, correct the mistake and learn from it. I’m pretty sure that every one of you, if put in the hot seat, would want the same.”

Truth - Person - Something - Inappropriate - Editor

“The truth is, we are all guilty. Can you name a person who has not lied, said something inappropriate or hurt another? I can’t,” the editor concluded. “We must be careful about the world we are creating in the age of social media, especially since there’s no turning back.”

In a series of now-deleted tweets sent between 2009-2011, Hart expressed statements some argue were critical of the LGBTQ community. “Yo if my son comes home & try’s 2 play with my daughters doll house I’m going 2 break it over his head & say n my voice ’stop that’s gay,” the Night School star wrote in a since-removed tweet in 2011.

Hart - Friday - Morning - Twitter - Choice

Hart announced early Friday morning via Twitter that he “made the choice to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!
It just doesn't get bettere than this...