Woman finds a melted '$2 coin' after using the clothes dryer

Mail Online | 12/10/2018 | Matilda Rudd For Daily Mail Australia
pixielilia (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/12/11/01/7266218-0-image-a-29_1544493065125.jpg

Those who do the family washing are used to discovering all kinds of weird and wonderful items in the machine.

And while some items like tissues, rogue socks and bobby pins are common place, others come as more of a surprise.

Woman - Australia - Gold - Rock - Dryer

One woman from Western Australia recently came across an oddly shaped gold rock in her dryer filter that perplexed her so much she decided to ask a forum of ladies on Facebook about it.

'This was found in our dryer filter... The only thing I can think of is a $2 coin?!? Would a dryer do this to a metal coin? Is that even possible?' She wrote.

Weighs - Feels - Coin

'It weighs and feels exactly like a $2 coin that's why I'm convinced it is.'

Later, the woman even visited a jeweller who verified it is 'definitely' a $2 coin but the 'dryer didn't do the damage' - leaving her even more confused.

Theories - Substance - Plenty - People - Coin

There were many theories about what the mysterious substance could be - with plenty of people certain a coin couldn't actually melt like that.

'There is no way that that is a $2 coin lovely,' one helpful person said.

Heat - Degrees - Years

'For the heat to have caused it to melt, you would need it to reach over 200 degrees and for it to have been worn down like that, it would've had to be in there for years constantly...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
NY Times, a small niche paper for a small niche people in a really big internet