Jenna Bush Hager shares anecdotes from George H.W. Bush's funeral

Mail Online | 12/10/2018 | Erica Tempesta For Dailymail.com
monna (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/12/10/20/7254542-0-image-a-41_1544473813085.jpg

Jenna Bush Hager returned to the Today show on Monday after a week of mourning her late grandfather George. H.W. Bush.

The former president passed away on November 30, at the age of 94, and while the 37-year-old Today correspondent said she is still 'in pain,' she feels lucky that she and her family were able to give her grandfather a 'proper sendoff.'

Jenna - Someone - People - Family - Love

Jenna acknowledged that it can be difficult to lose someone publicly because you hear people talking about your loved one, but she stressed that she and her family 'felt so surrounded with love.'

'And I just thought about other people that lost people they loved this season, right before Christmas, who don’t get this, and then life goes on. But for us, we felt it,' she said.

'He

'He would have been embarrassed, I think, by how public it was, and by how much we talked about him.'

Jenna explained that her father, George W. Bush, was determined not to cry when he delivered his eulogy at the memorial service held at National Cathedral in Washington, D.C. last week.

President - Speech - End

The former president remained composed throughout his speech, but at the very end, he briefly choked up.

'He was so hilarious, he was like, "I’m not going to cry, I’m not going to cry." And then afterward he was, like, "I made it to the two-yard line,"' she said.

Jenna - Grandfather - Emotions

Jenna pointed out that her grandfather had always encouraged them to show their true emotions.

'He had these lessons that he lived by and one of them was, don’t be afraid to cry. That was the way we were raised,' she said, adding: 'I cry at the drop of a hat.

Pain - Pain - Joy - Joy

'But I think it’s okay to show pain when you’re feeling pain, and joy when you’re also feeling joy.'

Jenna also...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!