Primary school teacher claims he and his male colleagues are victims of sexism

Mail Online | 12/8/2018 | Zoie O\
Mireille (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/12/07/15/7140542-0-image-a-3_1544195499129.jpg

A primary school teacher has claimed he and other male colleagues suffer sexism at the hands of their female peers.

Adam Black claims female teachers criticise men's clothing in a way that would be unacceptable if the situation were reversed.

Mr - Black - Eastmuir - Primary - School

Mr Black, who works at at Eastmuir Primary School, Glasgow was reflecting on a decade in the profession for a piece in today's Times Educational Supplement.

He also said men who are promoted are often assumed not to have worked for it - or are now overlooked based on them being 'white male'.

Teachers - Schools - Role - Models - Result

Only one in ten primary teachers is male and it has previously been claimed that boys in primary schools lack male role models as a result.

Mr Black claims in his article that the life of a male primary teacher can be 'lonely'.

Occasions - Men - Sexism - Inappropriate

He wrote: 'There are the odd occasions when either I or other men who I know have experienced what I suppose could be described as sexism or, at the very least, inappropriate.

'If a man is promoted, as a university friend of mine recently was, the general feeling from his staff is that one of the factors in his promotion was that he was male.'

Story - Primary - Teacher - Staffroom - Figure

He added: 'I heard a story once about a male primary teacher being in the staffroom when a very senior figure in one local authority came for a visit.

'This particular individual claimed that people like the unassuming teacher (white male) weren't needed in senior promoted positions but people like his colleague (Asian female) most definitely were needed.'

Mr - Black - Men - Fashion - Women

Mr Black also explained how he has heard of men's fashion being criticized by other women.

He added: 'I've also heard women openly slagging off men's fashion in a way they would never do for each other.

Example - Colleague - Mine

'An example is an old colleague of mine who was once openly slaughtered for...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
There's no problem on the inside of a kid that the outside of a dog can't cure.