Dwyane Wade and Gabrielle Union talk to Oprahabout welcoming a baby via surrogacy

Mail Online | 12/6/2018 | Carly Stern For Dailymail.com
monna (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/12/06/17/7100560-0-image-a-48_1544117112370.jpg

Gabrielle Union says she never doubted for a minute that she wanted to keep trying to be a mother — even after nine miscarriages.

And now, the 46-year-old and her 36-year-old husband Dwyane Wade are the happy parents to a newborn daughter named Kaavia, whom they welcomed via surrogacy on November 7.

Gabrielle - Course - Years - Losses - Dwyane

But while Gabrielle was unwavering over the course of years of losses, Dwyane wasn't just suffering those miscarriages. As he told Oprah in a new interview, he was also worried about his wife's health.

The couple sat down with Oprah for a special called Oprah at Home with Gabrielle Union, Dwyane Wade & Their New Baby, which will air on OWN on December 8 at 8pm.

Clip - Good - Morning - America - Today

A clip aired on Good Morning America today, in which Gabrielle said that motherhood has been just as tough as she imagined.

'It looked exactly as it is. I saw motherhood and parenthood with very realistic eyes. It looked hard,' she said.

Wait - Gabrielle - Course - Miscarriages - Point

But the wait was worth it. Gabrielle said that through the course of nine miscarriages, there was never a point where she wanted to give up and stop trying.

'I've always been of the mindset, because this is what people tell you: You work hard, you do the right things, you're a good person, it will happen for you — eventually,'

'I - Idea - Life - Part - World

'I could not let go of this idea of creating life within me, that I could feel, that tied me to him, that he could be a part of, that the world could be a part of.

'I'm not letting myself and all these people down. I need to have — I need to be pregnant for everybody, including myself.'

Dwyane - Wife

Dwyane, though, was slightly less adamant when it came to what his wife had to go through.

'There came a part where I started...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!