Brenda Snipes legal fight takes a hit – Broward County Self-Evaluation reveals Elections Office unprepared

Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion | 12/6/2018 | Mary Chastain
Claw987Claw987 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://legalinsurrection.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Brenda-Snipes-Press-Conference-Suspension-e1543707236382.jpg

Outgoing Broward County Supervisor of Elections has vowed to fight in court after Gov. Rick Scott suspended her “due to misfeasance, incompetence and neglect of duty.”

A report from The Tampa Bay Times may not help Snipes since a Broward County self-evaluation shows during the election, the county had problem after problem like mechanical errors, staffing shortages, and procedural violations.

Tampa - Bay - Times

From The Tampa Bay Times:

The reports focus on the election, not recounts. The Times/Herald obtained the reports under the public records law.

Broward - Report - Series - Equipment - Breakdowns

Broward’s report cites a series of equipment breakdowns, staffing shortages, procedural violations and changes in ballot totals — problems widely reported by the Florida news media in the weeks after the election, such as the mix-up involving the counting of a group of 205 provisional ballots.

Read Broward’s post-election report here.

Report - Notes - Time - Snipes - Staff

The report notes for the first time that Snipes’ staff brought 25 ballots to the canvassing board for a review of voter intent after the county sent its first set of unofficial election returns to the state.

One reason those ballots weren’t provided faster, the report says without amplification, was “a threat against a public official.”

Board - Intent - Ballot - Staff - Post-election

“The (canvassing) board determined voter intent for each ballot and instructed staff to keep the 25 logically and physically isolated so they could be identified if needed in a post-election challenge,” the report said.

Voters had problems with 20 scanners out of 1,684 that jammed on Election day. The county also had “‘multiple mechanical issues’ with ballot-on-demand printers, which are used at early voting sites.”

Shortages - Snipes - Emphasis - Mine

It looks like staffing shortages will harm Snipes the most (emphasis mine):

In...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I'm not always cranky, sometimes I'm actually running!