Crowder reveals why he describes God’s presence as ‘Ghost’ instead of Holy Spirit

www.christianpost.com | 12/6/2018 | Staff
jster97 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://static-thechristianpost.netdna-ssl.com/files/original/thumbnail/22/88/228877.jpg

Three time Grammy-nominated artist David Crowder, who's synonymously known as Crowder, released his new album I Know a Ghost last month and says he decided to use the word ghost instead of spirit as a way to draw more people.

After its release in November, I Know A Ghost debuted in the Top 5 on Billboard’s Christian Albums chart. As he has in the past, the multi-instrumentalist offers a diverse catalog of music on this new record with a modern blend of bluegrass, country, electronic-synth, gospel and Southern hip-hop.

Below - Transcript - Christian - Post - Interview

Below is an edited transcript of The Christian Post's interview with Crowder where he explains his reasoning behind the album title, his song selections, and how Christians should view Creation in the midst of the world's chaos.

The Christian Post: I Know a Ghost is such a clever title. What made you go with that as the title of the record?

Crowder - Well - Gospel - Way - So

Crowder: Well, I started thinking about the Gospel in a way [that] had never dawned on me before. So Jesus is with His pals, the disciples, at this meal they’re having together, the last supper, and He says, “Hey, I don’t think you’re getting it, but I'm going away, like, for real, I really am going to go away, like, super soon. But don’t worry, don’t worry. I’m gonna leave something with you. I’m gonna leave you My ghost. And it’s gonna be a comfort to you.”

Lots of us are used to hearing this story, but that’s some weird spooky stuff when you think about it. Amazing though. We've got the Holy Ghost. I know a ghost. That is a startling reality to become aware of and a new way of looking at a story I've been familiar with since childhood.

CP - Ghost

CP: What made you go with ghost and not spirit?

Crowder: It's a word...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!