A MAN FOR ALL SEASONS: HERE’S HOW CELEBRITIES, ATHLETES AND ADVISERS REMEMBER GEORGE H.W. BUSH

The Daily Caller | 12/6/2018 | Staff
Mandyixus (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/George-HW-Bush-Getty-Images-John-Moore.jpg

With [Richard] Nixon out of politics, and [Nelson] Rockefeller dead, I started supporting George Bush, who I’d known since he was a teenager [in the late 1930s]. I was a friend of his father, Senator Prescott Bush of Connecticut, from way back and used to play at his campaign rallies. Young George used to get Coca-Colas for me.

I watched George Bush’s career. And when I needed help, he gave it to me. When I needed certain information about housing from HUD in Washington, D.C., he saw that I got it. At the time he was head of the CIA and chairman of the Republican Party. I followed his career, kept up with every transition that he made, and when he announced that he was going to run for president [in 1980], I jumped on his campaign bandwagon. I played for his campaign a few times. Meanwhile, I got elected as a Bush delegate from New York.

Game - Cleveland - Year - George - Bush

I didn’t play in the All-Star Game [in Cleveland] that year (1981), but George Bush, who was the Vice President then, called and said he was in Kennebunkport, Maine, for the week.

“How’d you like to accompany me to the All-Star Game?” he asked.

Air - Force - Base - Plane - Mrs

I met him at an Air Force base and he led me onto the plane with Mrs. Bush. The whole first-class section was filled with electronic gadgets, consoles of computers, guys sitting there so they could keep in touch with President Reagan and any critical event anyplace in the world. Bush showed me his bedroom and sitting area. He had a chair on a track so he could slide across the whole “office” without getting out of his seat if he had to use the communications system during a bumpy flight.

He and Barbara were real down-to-earth people. I had bought a couple of...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Daily Caller
Wake Up To Breaking News!