Gay rugby player is granted bail but warned he may still be booted out of UK 

Mail Online | 11/29/2018 | Terri-ann Williams For Mailonline
finter (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/11/28/21/6765238-0-image-a-54_1543439781342.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/11/28/2596161198431358782/1024x576_MP4_2596161198431358782.mp4

A gay rugby player who faces deportation has said he fears persecution over his sexuality by 'really anti-LGBT' Kenyan government.

Kenneth Macharia has said he remains worried about his future, after he was granted bail at a hearing earlier today, Wednesday 28 November.

Immigration - Removal - Centre - Heathrow - Airport

The 38-year-old was released from an immigration removal centre near Heathrow Airport on Wednesday evening and was greeted by team-mates from the LGBT inclusive Bristol Bisons rugby club.

Mr Macharia appeared at an immigration tribunal in west London via video link from Harmondsworth removal centre where he has been held since Thursday November 15.

Bristol - Bisons - RFC - T-shirt - Bail

He was wearing a black and pink Bristol Bisons RFC t-shirt and was supported at the bail hearing by his mother and team-mates from the amateur rugby club who wore the same t-shirts.

The qualified engineer said he was 'very happy to be free and very grateful to all my friends and everyone else who has been supporting me.'

Mr - Macharia - Glastonbury - Process - Level

Mr Macharia, who lives in Glastonbury, said the process is 'scary', adding: 'The level of support I'm receiving is giving me hope that I will be allowed to stay, but the Home Office kind of seem determined to remove me so that is still a worry.'

After he left the centre he admitted that he hadn't been sleeping well due to anxiety which had been induced by the bail summary and added that the government in Kenya is 'really anti-LGBT'.

Night - Bail - Summary - Home - Office

'Because last night when I read the bail summary from the Home Office, I realised that they were still intent on removing me.

'So last night I did not have a good night's sleep because then I realised that if I don't get bail it will kind of be like every night they can come to my room, pick me up and put me on a plane at any time, which kind...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I find it extremely funny when people keep voting and expecting the government to change!
Tagged: