BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN OPENS UP ABOUT MENTAL HEALTH BATTLE: ‘THE WHEELS CAN COME OFF A LITTLE BIT’

The Daily Caller | 6/10/2018 | Staff
roxy2707 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Bruce_Springsteen_3-e1543441436725.jpg

Bruce Springsteen opened up about his mental health battle, sharing that he’s taking medication and that “the wheels can come off a little bit.”

The 69-year-old singer shared in an interview with Esquire magazine published Tuesday:

Illness - Lot - Years - Variety - Medications

I have come close enough to [mental illness] where I know I am not completely well myself. I’ve had to deal with a lot of it over the years, and I’m on a variety of medications that keep me on an even keel; otherwise, I can swing rather dramatically and … just … the wheels can come off a little bit.

The “Born to Run” hitmaker shared that he began to worry about his mental health after his father, Doug Springsteen, was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia before his father’s death in 1998.

Family - Springsteen - Kids - Family - Way

“So we have to watch, in our family,” Springsteen explained. “I have to watch my kids, and I’ve been lucky there. It ran in my family going way before my dad.”

The rocker said that he had his first breakdown at the age of 32 in 1982 on a road trip and still doesn’t know to this day what happened that night.

Age - Weight

“All I do know is as we age, the weight of our unsorted...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Daily Caller
Wake Up To Breaking News!