Mike Espy Helped Save Bill Clinton from Sex Scandal in 1992 Campaign

Breitbart | 5/15/2006 | Staff
itsdonaldk (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2018/11/Collage-Bill-Clinton-cigar-Mike-Espy-smile-getty-ap.jpg

Mississippi Senate candidate Mike Espy helped Bill Clinton’s 1992 presidential campaign secure a much needed “boost” to move past news reports of an extramarital affair with Gennifer Flowers.

The issue had threatened to derail Clinton’s presidential campaign.

Dialogue - May - Part - Oral - Histories

In a lengthy dialogue on May 15, 2006 that was part of the “Presidential Oral Histories” project at the Miller Center of Public Affairs, Espy recalled helping Clinton turn out a big crowd in traditionally conservative Mississippi less than 48 hours after Clinton, joined by his wife Hillary, infamously took to 60 Minutes on January 26, 1992 to deny an extramarital relationship with Flowers.

Your Thinning Hair Will...

MD - Biblical - Lifespan - Mystery

M.D. Solves Biblical Lifespan Mystery?

Later, in a 1998 deposition, Clinton admitted to having a sexual encounter with Flowers.

Flowers - Affair - Clinton - Reporter - Hillary

Flowers says she had a 12-year affair with Clinton, and previously told this reporter that Hillary Clinton was aware of the alleged affair for much of that time. Flowers also said that Clinton personally paid $200 for her to have an abortion in 1977.

In 1992, then-congressman Espy served as co-chairman of Clinton’s state campaign in Mississippi. Espy would later serve as Clinton’s Secretary of Agriculture from 1993-1994.

Decade - MeToo - Movement - Espy - Miller

More than a decade before the #MeToo movement, Espy described to the Miller Center how he helped Clinton get past the controversy around Flowers.

Espy stated:

Minutes - Piece - Allegations - Hillary - Job

And I think the 60 Minutes piece where the adultery allegations were coming out and Hillary defended him. They did such a good job, I think people began to say: This guy is a good crisis manager; his wife is extremely bright; she’s on his side. They thought it out, and he survived it. If he survives this, it may get worse, but we’ve seen his political skills, and he could survive that. I think people began to say: This guy’s serious, and they began to trickle on in. I think it...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!