Meet the proud 'Plain Janes' and their glamourpuss sisters – who say they couldn’t disagree more!

Mail Online | 11/27/2018 | Samantha Brick for the Daily Mail
lukealukea (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/11/27/21/6717096-0-image-a-40_1543354298439.jpg

Forget your trim best friend who’s always attracted admiring glances. Discount, too, that glamorous next-door neighbour who flirts with your husband. In the war of attrition over which woman really is the fairest of them all, there’s only one female rival who counts: your sister.

And if your sibling is drop-dead gorgeous while you are — well — a bit of a Plain Jane? You might think such a situation can only unleash a seething mass of resentment and jealousy. But can they ever get on? SAMANTHA BRICK speaks to three Plain Janes and their glamorous sisters ...

Teacher - Kim - Meaden - Lives - Shropshire

Teacher Kim Meaden, 34, lives in Shropshire, and is a single mum to her four-year-old son. She is the Plain Jane to her younger, more glamorous sister Georgina. Kim says:

My hair is streaked with grey, I have a couple of chins and I wear size 16 clothes. I’m used to people calling me butch. They’re always surprised when they find out Georgina and I are related.

People - Home - Bottoms - Converse - Trainers

I don’t care what other people think. At home, I wear tracksuit bottoms and Converse trainers. In the summer, it’s shorts. If I want to make an effort, I’ll do it for me — not anyone else.

Men stopped looking at me years ago — although I did get chatted up recently. But that’s rare. Men look at my sister all the time.

Am - Life - Soul - Occasion - Confidence

Am I jealous? Not at all. I’m the life and soul of any social occasion, and as I get older I recognise that having confidence is more important than looks.

It’s the same with make-up. I won’t get drawn into the superficial side of society. I’ve got a tub of lip balm that I’ve had for years — and that’s it! My sister would go shopping every week if she could.

Differences - Armed

Despite our differences, we both served in the armed...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!