Woman, 21, undergoes chemotherapy and store her eggs after mouth ulcer turns out to be CANCER

Mail Online | 11/19/2018 | James Somper
applecup (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/11/19/16/6387042-0-image-a-60_1542644386271.jpg

A young woman has shared shocking images of a mouth ulcer she ignored for three months - which turned into full-blown cancer.

Millie Murphy, 21, said her life has been turned 'upside down' after she was diagnosed with cancer in April.

Millie - Doncaster - South - Yorks - Opinion

Thinking it would go away on its own, Millie, from Doncaster, South Yorks, didn’t push for a second opinion during multiple trips to the doctor where she claims her concerns were brushed off - during which time the mass swelled to three times its size.

After being spotted by her dentist, the cancer has now spread to Millie’s neck and she claims the signs of the ulcer being cancerous were missed by her GP.

Time - Awareness - Chemotherapy - Radiotherapy

She is now speaking out for the first time to raise awareness as she begins chemotherapy and radiotherapy.

'My life has been put on hold by this. I’ve had to relearn how to eat and have lost four stone,' Ms Miller says.

Awareness - Disease - Mouth - Ulcer - Side

'What upsets me most is that this could have been prevented from happening if there was more awareness of this disease. I’d had a niggling mouth ulcer on the left side of my tongue. I didn’t think anything of it though.

'It had grown about three times its original size and had started to turn a brown, green colour by this point and bled a lot.

'I - Ulcer - Tongue - Night - Pain

'I would catch the ulcer on my tongue and sat up crying at night in pain. But after hearing all this, the doctor looked into my ear and said it was inflamed.

'My GP looked at my mouth and sent me away like I was a pest.'

Day - Birthday - Ms - Miller - Dental

The day before her 21st birthday, Ms Miller went for a routine dental appointment and was referred to hospital where she was given the news that she had mouth cancer.

By the time she was operated on, the cancer...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!