7 Tips for Connecting New Church Members

ChurchLeaders | 11/18/2018 | Staff
abbycraig (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://churchleaders-eszuskq0bptlfh8awbb.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/files/article_images/connection_654095016.jpg

This past weekend I went to a home improvement store. I needed help from two different departments on two issues I had in my home. As I walked into the spacious warehouse, lost at where to go, I started my quest to find the right person to help me buy the right product to end my nightmare problem at home. Now I could go into a lot of details, but the bottom line is I left that store two hours later, frustrated and no closer to finding my answer than when I walked in the door. I wasn’t connecting.

Feeling aggravated, lost and frustrated, the Lord used that situation to help me make sure what I experienced in that store people wouldn’t feel at our church.

People - Church - Church - Door - Lots

So what do people feel in your church? Do they leave your church no better than when they walked in the door? Do you have lots of new people and yet your church doesn’t grow? Do just as many people walk in the door as those that walk out the back door? Take a look at these seven tips and ask yourself where you rate in each area, 1 to 10.

When we think about connecting, what people are truly looking for is community. Community is a place where people can know and be known, love and be loved, celebrate and be celebrated. How does your church help people find community? This can be done in many ways. The most common ways churches do this is through small groups or Sunday school. Regardless of what your church does, you need rate yourself not only in how people find community, but what happens in the community. True community helps people stick to your church. Other ways to help people find their way to community may be through connections...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchLeaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Have you forgotten?
Tagged: