Teenager dies after he put a towel on his head and inhaled spray from a deodorant can

Mail Online | 11/16/2018 | Sam Blanchard Health Reporter For Mailonline
bethtetleybethtetley (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/11/15/17/6235116-0-image-a-6_1542303195292.jpg

A 19-year-old recovering drug addict died when he inhaled deodorant in an attempt to get high, doctors have revealed in a case report.

Medics told the story of the unnamed teenager in a stark warning to people of the dangers of sniffing solvents.

Man - Rotterdam - Netherlands - Heart - Paramedics

The unnamed man, believed to have been in Rotterdam in the Netherlands, died after his heart stopped and he could not be revived by paramedics.

The unfortunate teenager was in rehab for his cannabis and ketamine use when he relapsed and looked for a different way to intoxicate himself.

Towel - Head - Spray - Deodorant - Users

He put a towel over his head and inhaled the spray from a deodorant can, which can quickly make users feel light-head, dizzy and happy.

But he soon became hyperactive and, not long after, went into cardiac arrest, according to doctors writing in BMJ Case Reports.

Someone - Arrest - Heart - Blood - Breathing

When someone has a cardiac arrest their heart stops pumping blood properly and they will quickly pass out, stop breathing and will die without medical attention.

It is well known that sniffing solvents – also known as volatile substances – can stop the heart and cause what is called sudden sniffing death.

Abuse - Deaths - People - Year - US

Inhalant abuse is thought to account for the deaths of up to 125 people a year in the US, and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Sign In or Register to comment.

Welcome to Long Room!

Where The World Finds Its News!