LET LIGHT EMERGE FROM THE DARKNESS

Godspacelight | 11/16/2018 | Staff
donuzumaki (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://godspacelight.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Lean-toward-the-light.001-1024x768.jpg

The theme for Advent on Godspace this year will be Light Emerges from Darkness, and as I have begun my Advent celebrations early this year with Celtic Advent which began yesterday, it seemed an appropriate time to share this.

Seeds are planted and grow in the darkness of the soil, just as a baby is planted and grows in the darkness of the womb. The Jewish day begins at dusk and our church celebrations usually begin at night. All Saints Day begins with All Hallows Eve October 31st, Celtic Advent begins the evening of November 15th and Christmas begins with Christmas Eve. The whole season of Advent was designed deliberately to coincide with winter and Christmas Eve is close (at least in the northern hemisphere) to the day of longest night. Even in the southern hemisphere where Christmas occurs in the height of summer and nights are short, there is still the sense that each new day emerges out the night’s dark embrace.

Periods - Darkness - Season - Advent - Hope

We all go through periods of darkness and there is no season like Advent to provide us with hope and promise. We hope you will join us for our daily reflections on Light Emerging from Darkness. What seeds have been planted and are growing within you? What is slowly emerging and being birthed? How can you nurture these emerging seeds until they are fully birthed to bring light and life to the world as Christ did.

As I thought about this today, I was reminded of our theme several years ago Lean towards the Light. In celebrating the birth of Jesus, we often forget that the light of Christ is already shining in our world. In the northern hemisphere, we may be aware that darkness is the place in which seeds germinate. In the southern hemisphere, leaning towards the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Godspacelight
Wake Up To Breaking News!
No matter where you go, there you are.
Tagged: