Letting Go of Fear – Free Kids Lesson

ChurchLeaders | 11/12/2018 | Staff
jolan (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://churchleaders-eszuskq0bptlfh8awbb.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/11.13.CHILDREN.CC.LettingGoFear.jpg

The opening activity encouraged children to identify some areas where fear controls them. And through the personal testimony, you gave children hope that they too can overcome their fears. Now it’s time to help them take the final step—releasing their fears to God.

Subscribe to ChurchLeaders!

Sit - Everyone - Circle - Animal - Story

Sit everyone in a circle and bring out a cuddly stuffed animal. Share a short story that has to do with this toy (if you have one, of course). Pass it around and have everyone hug it.

Ask:

People - Animals - Fun

Why do you think people like to have stuffed animals around? They’re cute; they feel good to hold; they’re fun to play with.

How do you feel when you hug an animal like this? It feels warm; cuddly; good.

Stuffed - Animal

Do you ever hug a stuffed animal when you’re scared, lonely or sad?

How is the feeling you get from hugging a stuffed animal like how it feels to trust Jesus when you’re scared or sad? Jesus comforts me; I feel happy when I remember that He loves me.

Jesus - Stuffed - Animal - Jesus - Power

How is trusting Jesus different from hugging a stuffed animal? Jesus is really alive and has power to help me.

Say:

Jesus - Heaven - Promise - Followers - Let

Just before Jesus went back to heaven, He made a promise to His followers. Let’s look at that promise. Give each person a copy of the “Safe in God’s Arms” template. Point out the Bible verse—Matthew 28:20. This is the promise I’m talking about. Let’s read it together.

Say:

Today - Service - Jesus - Life - Jesus

This is what I want you to remember from today’s service. Jesus never promised that life will be easy, but He promises He will always be with us. And having Jesus with us...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchLeaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: