Pelosi: 'I'll Be the People's Speaker'

CNS News | 11/9/2018 | Staff
lhumara (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.cnsnews.com/pelosi-getty-chip_somodevilla.jpg

(CNSNews.com) - "What is your level of confidence that you'll be the Speaker of the House?" CNN's Chris Cuomo asked Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) in an interview that aired Thursday night.

"Total," Pelosi replied.

Percent - Cuomo

"One hundred percent?" Cuomo followed up.

"One hundred percent, yeah," Pelosi said, adding that she has just sent a letter to her caucus, asking for their support. Before this, "I was too busy winning an election," she said. "I didn't think it was appropriate to ask members or candidates then."

Pelosi - Opposition - Democrats - Time

Pelosi said it "doesn't matter" if she has opposition from other Democrats. She said it's happened almost every time she's run.

And if she does have to deal with strong opposition this time -- "that's politics," she said.

Day - Beach - Politics - Victory - Candidates

"This is not a day at the beach. This is politics. And here I am. We delivered the victory because we had the best possible candidates. We had the best possible candidates who inspired the grassroots. We owned the ground.

"And all of the organizations, whether it was about protect our care, protect our environment, all of those organizations worked to elect these people and they want to see results. And we have to get moving with that.

Making - Sausage - Support - Caucus - Floor

"So without getting into the making of sausage around here, I feel very confident about where I am and I feel very encouraged -- I have overwhelming support in my caucus that will go to the floor."

Pelosi said she feels no reluctance to be at the center of a contentious and difficult moment in politics, up against a president who doesn't hesitate to fight back.

Urgency - Hillary - Clinton - Affordable - Care

"It's an urgency that I can't resist. I mean, if Hillary Clinton had won, my -- our Affordable Care Act would be protected and I could go...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNS News
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: