Common Weighs in on Beto O’Rourke’s Possible Presidential Run

Variety | 11/8/2018 | Mike Botticello
Tanya9 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2018/11/beto-common1.jpg?w=700&h=393&crop=1

You can add Common to the list of Beto O’Rourke supporters who thinks the young politician has what it takes for a possible presidential run in 2020.

“I want to look and see who’s running, but I’m glad that he potentially will be a candidate, because he seems like a good guy and great candidate,” the Oscar winner told told Variety on Wednesday at the Los Angeles premiere of “They Fight,” a film he co-produced with Freedom Road.

Common - Progress - Midterm - Elections - Week

Common said he feels “positive about some of the progress that was made” after the midterm elections earlier this week. ”I definitely wish it more. I wish Andrew Gillum and Stacey Abrams had won, because I really felt they represent the progress of America.”

He added, “Overall, it’s beautiful to see the progress that was being made in America. The first openly gay governor [Colorado’s Jared Polis]; more women in the House. Shoot, I’ve never paid this much attention to the midterms as I did this time. That in itself is progress for all of us.”

Fight - Youth - Boxers - Ragahleak - Peanut

“They Fight” follows three youth boxers, Ragahleak “Peanut” Bartee, Quincey Williams, Lamar “Twin” Odoms, as they find refuge in the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Variety
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I love to post, but I never read the article!