Obliterating 5 Errors About the Insurgence

frankviola.org | 11/8/2018 | Frank Viola
Now for today’s article. The following are five errors about the Insurgence that I keep seeing. So I’m writing this article to refute them.

If you are new to my email list, you may not know what the Insurgence is. It has to do with the restoration of the explosive gospel of the kingdom happening in recent days. I wrote a new book on it that’s causing a ruckus in the Christian world right now. INSURGENCE: Reclaiming the Gospel of the Kingdom.

Errors - Hence - Article

You’ll want to know if you hold to any of the five errors. They are pervasive. Hence, the article.

Error 1: All preachers and authors who preach “the gospel of the kingdom” mean the same thing by the phrase.

Misconceptions - Hand - Preachers - Phrase - Gospel

This is one of the biggest misconceptions of all. Right now, I can count on my hand five different preachers who use the phrase (gospel of the kingdom), and none of them mean the same thing by the phrase.

And they certainly don’t mean the same thing I mean by it.

Case - Point - Someone - Life - Insurgence

Case in point. Recently, someone whose life was changed by reading Insurgence: Reclaiming the Gospel of the Kingdom wrote a glowing testimony about the book on their Facebook wall.

Shortly after another person responded saying, “Oh yes, I listen to [name of TV prosperity preacher] preach the gospel of the kingdom and it’s glorious!”

Problem - TV - Preacher - Gospel - Insurgence

Problem is, the TV preacher they named is preaching an entirely different gospel than what’s presented in Insurgence.

A number of other preachers and authors who use the term “gospel of the kingdom” preach intense legalism and religious duty. Something I took dead aim at in the beginning of Insurgence.

Preacher - Author - Gospel - Kingdom - Message

All told, not every preacher and author who talks about “the gospel of the kingdom” carries the same message.

Error 2: Most living authors who write about the kingdom of God have joined the Insurgence.

Unfortunately,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: frankviola.org
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: