Devastated parents issue severe warning after their baby girl DIED from the cold sore virus 

Mail Online | 11/2/2018 | Danielle Zoellner For Dailymail.com
oxboyoxboy (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/11/02/20/5709352-0-image-a-138_1541190906173.jpg

Devastated parents have issued a severe warning to others after their baby girl died from the cold sore virus at just 12 days old.

In a Facebook post, mother Presley Trejo detailed what she and her family went through after giving birth to their daughter, Emerson Faye, at the end of July.

'I - Anything - Speculation - Presley - Fort

'I wasn't going to say anything yet but I'm tired of the speculation,' Presley, from Fort Worth, Texas, wrote in an emotional post. 'But I’m tired of the speculation and it’s time to bring awareness to the terrible illness that took our baby away from us.'

When Emerson was born on July 26 her parents, Presley and Elias, were happy to welcome a daughter into their family as they already had two sons.

Days - Emerson - Herpes - Simplex - Virus

But during her first 12 days, Emerson contracted the Herpes Simplex Virus, or the HSV-1 virus. The virus is commonly known as the cold sore virus and is easily treatable for adults, but it can be fatal in newborns because of their weak immune system.

Presley said the virus was a 'kiss of death' for her daughter because it spread rapidly through her body.

Someone - Virus - System - Infant

She wrote: 'When someone who has the virus in their system and kisses an infant, it can spread rapidly.

'You can have the virus and not even know you have it. You don’t have to have an active cold sore to pass it on.'

Infection - Something - Fever - Flu-like - Symptoms

The infection in a newborn can start out as something minor, such as a fever or flu-like symptoms.

Presley revealed the infection started in Emerson's brain and appeared to be a form of meningitis before spreading to the rest of her organs.

Baby - Presley - Wrote - Emerson - Case

'It happens so fast that you don’t even know the baby is sick,' Presley wrote. '[In] Emerson’s case, when we arrive to the hospital, her liver was completely gone.'

Little Emerson's...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!