“WE WILL NOT BE DETERRED.” NAD YEAR-END MEETINGS DAY 1

spectrummagazine.org | 11/1/2018 | Staff
tiazanne (Posted by) Level 3

The North American Division Year-end Meetings began on the afternoon of November 1, 2018 at 3:00 p.m. with the usual humor and camaraderie that the NAD Officers display, but Dan Jackson’s President’s Report contained uncharacteristic bluntness and contagious energy.

The meeting began with comments from President Jackson and Executive Secretary G. Alexander Bryant about the number of individuals who have expressed interest in this year’s meetings. So many people are coming to Sunday’s business session to hear the NAD’s discussion on the Annual Council compliance document vote that a special overflow room has been set up so they don’t violate any fire codes in the main meeting room (which can hold a maximum of 401 people).

Jackson - Business - Session - Reminder - Delegates

Jackson opened the business session with a reminder to delegates to speak from the heart, but to also treat those who disagree with dignity and respect. This is a meeting of family, he said. “There are times when family is happy and united, and there are times when there are dysfunctions and family is not happy. This does not preclude talking about it...I know that this family is hurting...your role and mine is number one to not add to the hurt, and number two to be the agents of Jesus’ healing to one another.”

He continued saying, “It is my great desire that when we walk through the doors going outward on Tuesday night that we will walk out praising God, and that we will walk out into the mission field."

Opening - Remarks - Alex - Bryant - Business

After these opening remarks, Alex Bryant got down to business, reading the mission statement, announcing that 232 delegates are registered in attendance (fulfilling the quorum), and officially calling the 2018 business sessions to order. After the body accepted the meeting agenda, Jackson stood to deliver his President’s Report.

The theme of the year-end meetings is “Working Together with...
(Excerpt) Read more at: spectrummagazine.org
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: