The Voice: Mariah Carey puts beauty school training to use and helps singer Claire DeJean with look

Mail Online | 10/31/2018 | Dailymail.com Reporter
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/10/31/07/5601498-0-image-a-44_1540969380751.jpg

Mariah Carey put her beautician training to good use on The Voice during Tuesday's episode as she fixed a contestant's hair on the second night of the Knockout rounds.

The 48-year-old pop superstar, who worked in salons before hitting the big time, took her turn at hair and makeup as she helped fix Claire DeJean's look during rehearsals.

Touch-ups - Mariah - Hand

'I'm doing touch-ups now. I never got to be a beautician,' said Mariah playfully as she gave a helping hand.

'When Mariah Carey fixes your hair,' shrieked Claire in delight.

Abby - Cates - Cincinnati - Ohio - Coach

Abby Cates, 17, from Cincinnati, Ohio, performed coach Kelly Clarkson's hit Because Of You and admitted she was nervous to cover it in front of her.

'It is a pretty bold thing to do. I have done a few covers and you can breathe new life into the song and I really thought she did a beautiful job,' said Mariah.

Claire - Dallas - Nothing - Holdin - Me

Claire, 18, from Dallas, took on There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back by Shawn Mendes and was determined to enjoy the 'flirtatious and fun' song.

Abby joked that Claire wanted to marry Mendes as Mariah and Kelly urged her to put her own stamp on the wordy song.

Jennifer - Decision - Youngsters

Jennifer said it was a difficult decision and asked the youngsters what they would do.

'Stay together forever,' said Abby as she gave Claire a hug.

Person - Mistake - Kelly - Adam - 'great

'The only person who can make a mistake here is Kelly,' joked Adam as he told them they had both put in 'great' performances.

Kelly told them they 'filled a similar vein' and she felt she could only move forward with one.

End - Kelly - Abby - Claire - Home

In the end Kelly went with Abby and Claire went home.

Between acts Adam jumped on stage and despite denying he knew a single Blake Shelton song then did his best impression of the country star.

Jennifer - Hudson - Franc - West - Tyshawn

Jennifer Hudson then paired Franc West and Tyshawn Colquitt together and both were stunned to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Speaking only as an infidel......