The Voice Recap: Which Knockouts Performances Really Packed a Punch? — Plus, Grade Mariah Carey as Adviser

TVLine | 10/29/2018 | Charlie Mason
Click For Photo: https://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.com/2018/10/the-voice-mariah-carey-kelly-clarkson.jpg?w=620

Ordinarily, I’d say that my fearless predictions should be taken with a whole shaker of salt. (And if I didn’t, I know you’d say it for me.) However, all but two of my picks for the best Blind Auditions survived the Battles. (WTH happened, Mikele Buck?) So I felt like I was kind of on a roll. Was I, though? Below, we’ll find out as we review the first batch of Knockouts as well as Dame Mariah Carey’s performance as the best-lit key adviser in the history of ever.

Team Adam: Tyke James singing “Ring of Fire” (Grade: C-) defeated Keith Paluso singing “You Are the Best Thing” (Grade: B) — Keith stolen by Kelly | In rehearsal, Mariah advised Keith to sing a little softer every now and again. And hey, if he could tame that beard, I reckoned he could tame his vocal, too. As for Tyke, Mariah wanted to hear more heart in his voice. Adam wanted more energy out of him. Me, I just wanted him to move on to a lucrative career as a Prell spokesmodel. Up first on stage, Keith was fine. Better than, technically. I don’t think he hit a bum note. There was just nothing about his performance that made me think, “Man, I can’t wait to hear him again.” Second at the mic, Tyke started off singing with all the passion of a bowl of cereal left too long to soak in milk. Eventually, he woke up a little, but Lord, he just does not have an appealing voice. Or he doesn’t know what to do with it. Either way, I couldn’t wait for his reign of terror to end… so you can imagine my horror at Adam’s decision to give the win to him. Ugh.

Team - Kelly - Kymberli - Joye - Middle

Team Kelly: Kymberli Joye singing “The Middle”...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVLine
Wake Up To Breaking News!
It just doesn't get bettere than this...