Exclusive — Kanye West and Candace Owens: How Africa Inspired the BLEXIT Artwork

Breitbart | 10/16/2018 | Staff
Refel_4309 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2018/10/Blexitartwork1.jpg

“It needed to convey the message of a mass exodus,” Candace Owens said of the artwork that would mark black America’s exit, or Blexit, from the “liberal plantation.”

“I created the logo. I spent weeks tinkering with the design, agonizing over the shape, the color,” Owens told me in a phone interview. “I started with a very basic X”

Owens - Something - Chasm - Artwork

But Owens knew something was missing. “It just wasn’t right. There was this gaping creative chasm,” She said of the artwork.

That’s when she turned to Kanye West — the 21-time Grammy-winner and one of the most influential and successful fashion designers in the world, with whom Owens has developed a close collaborative relationship.

Owens - Kanye - Conversation - Culture - Thinkers

Indeed, both Owens and Kanye have kicked off a hot conversation that has rocked our culture, spurring a free thinkers movement Candace Owens says is the beating heart of Blexit.

“Me and Kanye had been in constant contact for months. I showed him the Blexit design that I had started to create.” Owens said. “He paused for what felt like ten excruciating minutes, looked at me, smiled, and said, ‘You know the greatest designer of all-time and you didn’t ask me for help?'”

Marketing - Maven - GQ - Most - Stylish

A marketing maven, two-time GQ Most Stylish Man, and the purveyor of the billion-dollar Yeezy apparel and footwear collection brand with Addidas, even Kanye found it a bit of a challenge trying to solve the creative mystery behind the Blexit design he wanted to present to the world. But it was a worthy challenge for one of the fashion industry’s most prolific influencers; one...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!