'I love my Dalmatian skin': Woman, 25, celebrates the psoriasis that COVERS her body

Mail Online | 10/26/2018 | Vanessa Chalmers For Mailonline
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/10/26/11/5437934-0-image-a-14_1540551156486.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/07/05/7786283187995980895/1024x576_MP4_7786283187995980895.mp4

A woman whose body has been covered by inflamed spots has chosen to celebrate her 'dalmatian skin'.

Georgia Crowther, from Hertfordshire, was just six-years-old when she woke up with inflamed patches of psoriasis across her entire body.

Psoriasis - Disease - Skin - People - UK

Psoriasis is a chronic disease that causes the skin to become red, irritable and flaky and affects around 650,000 people in the UK, including former Oasis frontman Liam Gallagher.

Growing up, Miss Crowther lacked confidence and received 'very unkind' comments from others.

Skin

But now, she embraces her skin. She said: 'I think it looks nice and I think it looks pretty and I think it makes me look different'.

'When my psoriasis self-heals and the scars are left, it looks a bit like a Dalmatian so that is why I have adopted the name Dalmatian skin.'

Condition - Worse - Times - Day - Cream

When her condition is at its worse, she has to bathe up to four times a day and will constantly apply cream to moisturise the dry patches.

Miss Crowther said: 'It can be very itchy, very-very painful. I'll get it all over my legs, my arms, my back, my chest, my belly, my scalp.

Pigmentation

'But the actual pigmentation that it leaves I actually really like.'

Despite loving the skin she's in at the moment, Miss Crowther admits there have been many times where she has felt self-conscious because of her psoriasis.

'With - Psoriasis - Issue

She said: 'With psoriasis, it isn't just a physical issue, it is mental and emotional as well.

'It can be so difficult to deal with, purely because I think you have this image of yourself in your head about the way you should look.

'I - Times - House

'I do get times where I feel really, really low and not confident and I don't want to leave the house.'

Her mother, Katie, remembers the extent to which psoriasis affected Miss Crowther's confidence growing up.

Times

She said: 'There's so many times where...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Individuals can exist without government but government can't exist without individuals.