Judge Accuses State Department of Making ‘False Statements’ on Clinton Emails

The Daily Signal | 10/24/2018 | Staff
crazycool12crazycool12 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://www.dailysignal.com/wp-content/uploads/181024_HillaryOath-1024x532.jpg

State Department officials opposed to disclosing more of Hillary Clinton’s emails as secretary of state made “false statements” and filed “false affidavits” in a related lawsuit, a federal judge said during a court hearing in Washington earlier this month.

U.S. District Judge Royce C. Lamberth ordered the hearing after a legal watchdog asked the court to obtain testimony under oath from current and former State Department officials, including Clinton and former aide Cheryl Mills.

Lamberth - Judicial - Watch - Clinton - State

If Lamberth agrees with Judicial Watch, Clinton and other former or current State Department officials would have to testify under oath and answer questions about how the department processed the organization’s Freedom of Information Act requests, and how it conducted its search for emails Clinton sent and received over a private email server.

Mills was Clinton’s chief of staff and counselor when she was secretary of state from Jan. 21, 2009, to Jan. 31, 2013, and worked on her presidential campaigns.

State - Department - Lamberth - Judgment - Case

The State Department had asked Lamberth to issue a summary judgment that would have closed the case and ended any more inquiries into Clinton emails that have not been disclosed.

The judge refused and explained during the Oct. 12 hearing why he had granted limited discovery of relevant facts in March 2016:

Case - Motion - Judgment - Discovery - Time

The case started with a motion for summary judgment here and which I denied and allowed limited discovery, because it was clear to me that at the time that I ruled initially that false statements were made to me by career State Department officials. And it became more clear through discovery that the information that I was provided was clearly false regarding the adequacy of the search and this–what we now know turned out to be the secretary’s email system.

I don’t know the details of what kind of IG [inspector general] inquiry there was into why these career officials...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Daily Signal
Wake Up To Breaking News!
You've go to put up with Free Speech to have Free Speech!