People reveal what drove them to call off their weddings

Mail Online | 10/23/2018 | Clemence Michallon For Dailymail.com
hoppers911 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/10/23/21/5336354-0-image-a-35_1540328132295.jpg

Breaking off an engagement is never an easy thing — whether it comes as the result of an abrupt split or a carefully thought-out decision.

People who were once engaged but broke up before walking down the aisle have opened up about the circumstances that caused them to cancel their wedding, shedding light on just what happens before and after such a split.

Ariana - Grande - Pete - Davidson - Course

Ariana Grande, 25, and Pete Davidson, 24, are of course no strangers to the process, having just called off their engagement after a very public whirlwind romance.

One 26-year-old woman named Christa was engaged for two years to her high school sweetheart, whom she had dated since the age of 16, when she realized she wasn't ready to settle down.

'I - Choice - Sleep - Christa - Glamour

'I couldn't be around him without wondering if marrying him was the right choice. I felt like I had just woken up from a long sleep, and I wanted to get out and explore more before getting married,' Christa told Glamour.

She feared people would be 'disappointed' in her for canceling the wedding, which she had started to plan — and found that part of the process to be harder than the actual break-up.

Marriage - Ounce - Regret

However, she is now in a happy, open marriage, and doesn't have an ounce of regret for the live she could have led.

One man recalled in a Reddit thread how he called off his wedding after realizing he and his fiancée didn't share the same vision for their life together.

Friend - Blue - 'Dude - Fiancée - Opinion

His best friend once told him, 'seemingly out of the blue': 'Dude, I am not going to come between you and your fiancée. I am not going to even give an opinion, just next time somebody asks you what about getting married you are most looking forward to, compare her answers to yours.'

The man paid attention when someone asked him...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Don't panic!
Tagged: